- Now here is the question?
- Are you stuck in a rut with doing the same old exercises and cardio?
- Can’t seem to accelerate to that next level?
This is a simple but effective combo sure to burst through those frustrating plateau phases. Get the heart racing the muscles on fire and create a super burn factor!
All you need is:
- Rowing machine
- Kettlebell or Dumbbell or Medicine Ball (either of these can be utilised). (N.B. I used a dumbbell holding with a interlocking finger grip)
- Towel to mop up the sweat!
- Water bottle
- Timer, note pad & pen (if you want to keep track and keep improving on this powerful combo)
You’re working a pyramid; so this what it looks like:
Row: 500mt / 50 Kettlebell Swings* (KBS)
Row: 600mt / 40 KBS
Row: 700mt / 30 KBS
Row: 800mt / 20 KBS
Row: 900mt / 10 KBS
Row: 1000mt / 100 KBS – YES THAT’S RIGHT – 100! If this doesn’t finish you off then you need to increase your rowing speed and increase your weight of your Swings*
Note* You MUST ensure your Swing is conducted with good form; break the numbers down to ensure you re-set and perform the Swing well. Complete the full number before getting back on the next row section.
Click the link below to check technique for the Swing:
- This powerful combo will give an interesting 4.5km row with a fantastic muscle burning 250 Swings.
- Calorie burn will of course depend on many factors: your structure; speed of row, weight used for swings.
Approx: 60kg person will burn in excess of 450cals